OSEHRA AWG WG Telecom 4PM EDT Today (Tuesday) - AGENDA
Weekly Open-Source EHR - Architecture Work Group (AWG) Telecom
May 08, 2012 OSEHRA AWG AGENDA-MINUTES
Last Updated 9 AM EDT, 08-May-12
DATE & TIME: Every Tuesday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
CALL IN: The new AWG Dial-in: (712) 432-6545, Access Code: 960041
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/198334374 (NEW: accommodates 100)
Once registered you will receive an email with information you need to join
Web Browser HTML SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE at:
VISUAL CROSS-REFERENCE of PACKAGES/ROUTINES/GLOBALS are at:
2012-12-6 FOIA release
E-MAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST:
firstname.lastname@example.org - you must be registered to post/receive.
Please register with Architecture Group
. Joining OSEHRA is free; please join at
. To receive AWG e-mail, join the OSEHRA AWG at:
. Add your comments and suggestions to the AWG "discussion forum" or
VA POSITION ON OSEHRA PARTICIPATION: Senior VA leadership encourages
employees and contractors to actively participate in technical discussions
without pre-approval; but, employees and contractors must NOT commit the
government to a particular course-of-action without appropriate management
AWG PLAN OF ACTIONS & MILESTONES
* 17 Sep 2011 Initial 2011 System Architecture baseline
* 06 Dec 2011 validated 2011 System Architecture baseline
* 17 Mar 2012 "strawman" Product Definition and Roadmap
* 17 Jun 2012 "ironman" Production Definition and Roadmap.
* 01 Oct 2012 Product definition for all 126 hospitals (pending
(Related slides & spread sheets are posted at the "Documents"
link given above)
1. Start: Introductions and Roll Call
2. Minutes: Approve last week's minutes and review/update this week's
1 May discussion
. Peter Li update on modeling Extended Protocol dependency
. Steve Hufnagel review of iEHR ESB configuration
3. Action Items: review open action items
. (Peter Li) Follow on iEHR specific ESB presentation by Patrick
Pearcy at IPO
4. 8 May Topic: (slides at:
http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents ) under AWG minutes
Topic: Medsphere & Vista by Edmund Billing, Medsphere.
1. Overview of Medsphere
a. Relationship to Vista
b. How OSEHRA can support Medsphere's mission.
2. Medesphere specific modules, which augment or complement VistA
o What does it take to make FOIA VistA a viable commercial product; for
example, customization and interfaces to other products for ADT, Scheduling,
Radiology, Billing, etc.
o What new functionalities have been added to OpenVistA because of market
demand, and possibly can be re-integrate back into VistA?
3. Suggestions to improve VistA
o What are some new capability that the market is demanding that VistA
sorely needs to have in order to be competitive, i.e., next gen CPRS?
4. Recommendations for convergence of the codebase. VA is now open to
suggestions for improvements/convergence of the VistA codebase with its
5. Suggestions for transition to iEHR 3-tier architecture with
repurposed MUMPS modules?
1 May Minutes: Jack Taylor mentioned that the Harris ESB contract will
provide two types of ESB sandboxes: government at JITIC, Maui and
contractor. These sandboxes will be available to developers to exercise
their software components within the ESB environment. Contact Patrick Pearcy
at IPO to get access.
1 May Attendee list:
Eshbaugh, Ed Eshba.