EHR Services Platform (ESP) Software Development Kit (SDK) & Implementation Guide (IG) Last Updated 2011-10-15
- The ESP Software Development Kit (SDK) presents the vision (this slide deck) and specifies the means (see the companion ESP Implementation Guide (IG)) for Open Source and vender applications to plug-&-play within future-state ESP enabled operating and data-access platforms; ESP enabled systems are composed of “information” services supporting efficient plug-&-play application-integration.
- The SDK development, following agile processes, is intended to become a clear, complete, concise, correct and consistent HL7 SAIF (Service Aware Interoperability Framework) conformant standards-based ESP enabled system SDK IG for vender and open-source developers.
- This comprehensive set of slides may be freely used or repurposed with appropriate attribution
- The DoD and VA wish to openly-and-transparently collaborate with the Open-Source EHR-Community; this is a new “agile acquisition” approach for the government and MUST evolve with lessons learned.
- This SDK, its companion Implementation Guide (IG) and related artifacts are DRAFT Working Documents, being coordinated by the Open Source EHR Custodial Agent (OSEHRA) Architecture Committee with the guidance of the DoD-VA Health Architecture Interagency Group (HAIG). The purpose is to seek EHR-modernization architectural-input from DoD & VA staff, contractors, partners, stakeholders, venders and open-source-community in an open-and-transparent collaborative-forum;
- The DRAFT Software Development Kit (SDK), its IG and any related documents MUST be considered a government Request for Information (RFI); without obligation to the government as we go through this new open-and-transparent agile-development-process;
YOUR HELP IS REQUESTED IN VERIFYING, VALIDATING AND INCREASING THE USABILITY OF THE ESP SDK