Development Tools - Hands-On Exercise
This Wiki page describes a hands-on exercise whose goal is to familiiarize developers with the set of tools that have been deployed by OSEHRA to support the community.
In particular, at the end of this exercise, a participant would have:
- Used Git to clone the source code repository of VistA
- Submitted a run of the test suite to the Dashboard
- Created a github account
- Forked the VistA git repository
- Created and submitted a patch to the code review system, Gerrit
- Created an account in the issue tracker, JIRA
- Created an account in the Technical Journal, and get familiar with the template format for submitting articles.
The goal of these tools is to provide the low-cost communication mechanisms that enable the community to coordinate the software development activities.
The guide document for the exercise is available at