To summarize the meeting discussion, I have attempted to classify our discussion into high level 'steps.' Please feel free to comment.
Identifying the ‘collisions’ between the various systems.
- Conor’s tool provides a method to analyze the variations between modules and fields across systems. Universal, only requires FMQL.
- Diff analysis too granular to be appropriate at this point; high level identification of variations.
- May be additional tools of value, will follow-up at VA lockdown.
Prioritizing the resolution of these collisions.
- What module do we start with? Fileman has been indicated, though George suggested an evidence based approach to identifying priority targets.
- Do we work on a high complexity but critical component, or target relatively easy modifications early in the process? Should identify a relatively simple element to establish process, but big wins demonstrate the value of the process.
- Is gt.m compatibility harmonization something the community wants to target early?
Identifying the appropriate method of resolution.
- How do we govern the resolution of discrepancies? While many modifications may not require harmonization, how do we pick the ‘best’ solution? We need every organization represented at this point.
- Review Module Discrepancy -> Review Field Discrepancy -> Review Function Discrepancy.
- Begin with notes about what is most likely the cause of the modification. How do we forensically review what each patch has done to a specific system, thus differentiating between modifications made by a vendor and a VA patch?
Performing the Resolution.
- What is our development environment? WorldVistA latest release in beta, can be valuable. Functional system required as a component of development. ‘Reference’ System.
- Consider NIST test scripts, and populated data sets.
Testing the modifications.
- Functional system must be used in testing. How do we contribute test cases? What test cases are available in the community today? How do we perform code reviews?
Publishing the Modifications.
- Will OSEHRA begin publishing a patch stream to harmonize installations across vendors? How do we distribute the improvements to each vendor?
- DSS, WorldVistA represented. Fabian Lopez key POC for DSS. Dave Whitten and George Lilly key POCs for WorldVistA. Will follow up with Edmund Billings and Howard Hayes for Medsphere and IHS points of contact respectively. For VA, need to find a key POC. Can bring up in the lock-down.
- Lutheran, Midland, and Kern could benefit from representation. Will channel through Medsphere follow-up.
- Moved to overlap with Wednesday’s (2/15) usual technical demonstration due to lockdown.
- Fill out survey of availability to establish meeting schedule going forward.