Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Sam Habiel's picture
I wanted to run some Fileman direct web services to get data and manipulate data in Fileman. I remember seeing the DDR calls in QuerySvc: http://mdws.vistaehr.com/mdws2.8.0/QuerySvc.asmx But I can't find QuerySvc in the repository: https://github.com/OSEHRA/mdws Sam
like0

Comments

Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Joel Mewton's picture

This isn't under source control (and whoever released this piece of junk version removed all the unit tests...) but at least it appears the latest MDWS work wasn't deleted: http://code.osehra.org/journal/browse/publication/53# Side bar: Where did the MDWS source code go?? It's missing from OSEHRA's github account... On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM, keenee wrote: > Thanks for these links which having the great info about direct web > service. > > PSD to Wordpress Theme > > > -- > Full post: > http://www.osehra.org/content/source-code-querysvc-web-service-available > Manage my subscriptions: > http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/subscriptions > Stop emails for this post: > http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/unsubscribe/1739 >  -- This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email and destroy the original communication.

like0

Where did the MDWS source code go?

Peter Li's picture

To answer you question - the MDWS source code was removed from OSEHRA Github per VA's request about a couple months ago.  There were two issues 1) the MDWS code was thought to be improperly redacted, and 2) the possiblity of deleting patient records with the newly developed CRUD services.  In early October VA submitted a new MDWS source code that supposely have addressed those two issues.

Now that we have the newly submitted MDWS source code, OSEHRA will update the Github repository with the newly contributed code.  We will make the request to VA to have the unit test be added back in.  By the way, were there other components missing from the latest code submission.?

 

like0

Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Joel Mewton's picture

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply. Re #1 - who in VA requested? We went through
the "official" VA redaction process when releasing MDWS - I'd like to know,
specifically, what was wrong with it. Re #2 - The new TJ article still
contains the CRUD services... And, the CPRS source code - which is open
source - also contains APIs for these CRUD operations so I'm not sure
what's new other than the wrapper?

I took a real quick glance at the directory structure/files in the zip from
the TJ link posted above and don't see anything obvious missing (aside from
the unit test projects). I'd have to do a diff though to be sure. Maybe
I'll try and do that at some point today and get back to you if I find
anything else missing.

I appreciate you making the request for the unit tests! The tests are
critical if the new PD MDWS team is serious about open source and the
OSEHRA community...

P.S. I understand you've only done what VA requested - I hope none of that
came across as me shooting the messenger! I'm just curious and not wanting
to see any of the my work (and your taxpayer dollars) go to waste. Thanks
again - much appreciated.

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM, petercyli <lip@osehra.org> wrote:

> To answer you question - the MDWS source code was removed from OSEHRA
> Github per VA's request about a couple months ago. There were two issues
> 1) the MDWS code was thought to be improperly redacted, and 2) the
> possiblity of deleting patient records with the newly developed CRUD
> services. In early October VA submitted a new MDWS source code that
> supposely have addressed those two issues.
>
> Now that we have the newly submitted MDWS source code, OSEHRA will update
> the Github repository with the newly contributed code. We will make the
> request to VA to have the unit test be added back in. By the way, were
> there other components missing from the latest code submission.?
>
>
> --
> Full post:
> http://www.osehra.org/content/source-code-querysvc-web-service-available
> Manage my subscriptions:
> http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/subscriptions
> Stop emails for this post:
> http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/unsubscribe/1739
>

--
This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email
and destroy the original communication.

like0

Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Joel Mewton's picture

Hi Sam,

That's strange QuerySvc isn't there... I will make sure it gets posted
up to Github for you. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

-----Original Message-----
From: Apache [mailto:apache@groups.osehra.org] On Behalf Of Sam Habiel
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:13 PM
To: mdws@groups.osehra.org
Subject: [mdws] Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

I wanted to run some Fileman direct web services to get data and
manipulate data in Fileman. I remember seeing the DDR calls in
QuerySvc:

http://mdws.vistaehr.com/mdws2.8.0/QuerySvc.asmx

But I can't find QuerySvc in the repository:

https://github.com/OSEHRA/mdws

Sam

like0

Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Joel Mewton's picture

Sorry this took all week to post, Sam! The QuerySvc façade should now be available in Github. In addition to that, I've also exposed some CRUD web services (both SOAP and REST) for Vista. They should make reading and writing to Vista a snap. Those are out on Github, too.

Reminder: Don't forget to join the weekly MDWS open source call today @ 12:30 EST (in about 20 minutes)

-----Original Message-----
From: Apache [mailto:apache@groups.osehra.org] On Behalf Of "Mewton, Joel"
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:17 PM
To: mdws@groups.osehra.org
Subject: RE: [mdws] Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Hi Sam,

That's strange QuerySvc isn't there... I will make sure it gets posted up to Github for you. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

-----Original Message-----
From: Apache [mailto:apache@groups.osehra.org] On Behalf Of Sam Habiel
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:13 PM
To: mdws@groups.osehra.org
Subject: [mdws] Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

I wanted to run some Fileman direct web services to get data and manipulate data in Fileman. I remember seeing the DDR calls in
QuerySvc:

http://mdws.vistaehr.com/mdws2.8.0/QuerySvc.asmx

But I can't find QuerySvc in the repository:

https://github.com/OSEHRA/mdws

Sam

like0

Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Sam Habiel's picture

Thanks Joel.

Sam

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM, "Mewton, Joel" <Joel.Mewton@va.gov> wrote:
>
> Sorry this took all week to post, Sam! The QuerySvc façade should now be available in Github. In addition to that, I've also exposed some CRUD web services (both SOAP and REST) for Vista. They should make reading and writing to Vista a snap. Those are out on Github, too.
>
> Reminder: Don't forget to join the weekly MDWS open source call today @ 12:30 EST (in about 20 minutes)
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Apache [mailto:apache@groups.osehra.org] On Behalf Of "Mewton, Joel"
> Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:17 PM
> To: mdws@groups.osehra.org
> Subject: RE: [mdws] Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?
>
> Hi Sam,
>
> That's strange QuerySvc isn't there... I will make sure it gets posted up to Github for you. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Apache [mailto:apache@groups.osehra.org] On Behalf Of Sam Habiel
> Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:13 PM
> To: mdws@groups.osehra.org
> Subject: [mdws] Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?
>
> I wanted to run some Fileman direct web services to get data and manipulate data in Fileman. I remember seeing the DDR calls in
> QuerySvc:
>
> http://mdws.vistaehr.com/mdws2.8.0/QuerySvc.asmx
>
> But I can't find QuerySvc in the repository:
>
> https://github.com/OSEHRA/mdws
>
> Sam
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Full post: http://www.osehra.org/content/source-code-querysvc-web-service-available
> Manage my subscriptions: http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/subscriptions
> Stop emails for this post: http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/unsubscribe/1739
>

like0

Demo project updated with tests

Joel Mewton's picture

My MDWS Demo project now has some code exercising the new MDWS CRUD APIs. I just pushed the code up to Github. CrudDaoTest.cs should give you all the information you need to use the MDWS CRUD web services:

 

https://github.com/monkeyglasses/MDWS-Demo

like0

Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Sam Habiel's picture

Joel,

Many thanks again.

Sam

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM, joelmewton <joel.mewton@va.gov> wrote:
> My MDWS Demo project now has some code exercising the new MDWS CRUD APIs. I
> just pushed the code up to Github. CrudDaoTest.cs should give you all the
> information you need to use the MDWS CRUD web services:
>
>
>
> https://github.com/monkeyglasses/MDWS-Demo
>
> --
> Full post:
> http://www.osehra.org/content/source-code-querysvc-web-service-available
> Manage my subscriptions: http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/subscriptions
> Stop emails for this post:
> http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/unsubscribe/1739

like0

Now that WP fields are

Joel Mewton's picture

Now that WP fields are working, MDWS now has a complete set of CRUD functionality to Vista. Bam. I also have some REST APIs working for reading and deleting a record in Vista (creating/updating is giving me a few fits...).

 

Join the MDWS call today at 12:30 EST to see 'em in action. Or for whatever.

 

https://osehra.webex.com/osehra/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=667800761 

like0

Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Sam Habiel's picture

Joel,

I will make sure to join.

We had a couple of issues from which I wanted to see if you had input.

The lister doesn't work except if you pass the "P" parameter. I am
trying to find the Delphi source code to see if they do that by
default... just did so. It doesn't. But the Mumps code doesn't work if
you don't pass the "P". I guess it may be a Fileman bug.

The other issue is that we need to set a variable in the symbol table
because of a bad cross-reference. I am wondering if MDWS allows me to
do that or if I have to write my own remote procedure.

Sam

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM, joelmewton <joel.mewton@va.gov> wrote:
> Now that WP fields are working, MDWS can now has a complete set of CRUD
> functionality to Vista. Bam. I also have some REST APIs working for reading
> and deleting a record in Vista (creating/updating is giving me a few
> fits...).
>
>
>
> Join the MDWS call today at 12:30 EST to see 'em in action. Or for whatever.
>
>
>
> https://osehra.webex.com/osehra/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=667800761
>
> --
> Full post:
> http://www.osehra.org/content/source-code-querysvc-web-service-available
> Manage my subscriptions: http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/subscriptions
> Stop emails for this post:
> http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/unsubscribe/1739

like0

Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service available?

Joel Mewton's picture

Let's take a look at these on the call and I'll post a follow up if
necessary. I think we should be able to address both of these though.
Talk to you in a few.

-----Original Message-----
From: Apache [mailto:apache@groups.osehra.org] On Behalf Of Sam Habiel
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 12:00 PM
To: mdws@groups.osehra.org
Subject: Re: [mdws] Is the source code for QuerySvc Web Service
available?

Joel,

I will make sure to join.

We had a couple of issues from which I wanted to see if you had input.

The lister doesn't work except if you pass the "P" parameter. I am
trying to find the Delphi source code to see if they do that by
default... just did so. It doesn't. But the Mumps code doesn't work if
you don't pass the "P". I guess it may be a Fileman bug.

The other issue is that we need to set a variable in the symbol table
because of a bad cross-reference. I am wondering if MDWS allows me to do
that or if I have to write my own remote procedure.

Sam

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM, joelmewton <joel.mewton@va.gov> wrote:
> Now that WP fields are working, MDWS can now has a complete set of
> CRUD functionality to Vista. Bam. I also have some REST APIs working
> for reading and deleting a record in Vista (creating/updating is
> giving me a few fits...).
>
>
>
> Join the MDWS call today at 12:30 EST to see 'em in action. Or for
whatever.
>
>
>
> https://osehra.webex.com/osehra/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=667800761
>
> --
> Full post:
> http://www.osehra.org/content/source-code-querysvc-web-service-availab
> le Manage my subscriptions:
> http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/subscriptions
> Stop emails for this post:
> http://www.osehra.org/og_mailinglist/unsubscribe/1739

like0