Fwd: General Section 508 Webinar (August 20th)

Note that I will check but I think you should ignore that GMT-5 business. The GMT gets automatically added so the folks who schedule it don't account for it most of the time when I have been involved in these meetings with other agencies. I would assume it will be 10-12 as they said without changing that to make it GMT -5 instead of GMT -4 like most of us are expecting. I will confirm it just to be sure. -- Nancy Anthracite When: Monday, August 20, 2012 10:00 AM-12:00 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). Where: Live Meeting and VANTS: 1-800-767-1750 Access Code: 81004 Subject: General Section 508 Webinar (August 20th) When: Monday, August 20, 2012 10:00 AM-12:00 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). Where: Live Meeting and VANTS: 1-800-767-1750 Access Code: 81004 General Section 508 Webinar The Rehabilitation Act 1973, Section 508 Amendment (1998) requires that any Electronic and Information Technology (E&IT) procured, developed, used or maintained by Federal agencies must be accessible to employees and members of the public with disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on the agency. To help ensure the VA is compliant with this law to ensure access for all, ITWD, in conjunction with the 508 office, has developed the General Section 508 Training webinar. This webinar, presented by Vicki Leon of VA’s 508 office, is designed to introduce VA developers of electronic and information technology programs to the standards that comprise 508 as well as accessibility issues and tools that assist in creating accessible content. At the conclusion of this webinar, VA employees will be able to: • Identify the Standards that comprise Section 508 • Explain accessibility issues • Identify tools that assist in creating accessible content • Contact the VA Section 508 Program Office CLOSED CAPTIONING INFORMATION: At the start time of the event, please login to your event by clicking on the link below: http://www.fedrcc.us//Enter.aspx?EventID=1997331&CustomerID=321 Alternately, you can visit http://www.fedrcc.us/ and input your event confirmation number, 1997331 For additional questions, please send an email to VAITWD@va.gov. Thank you for your active participation VA IT Workforce Development has invited you to attend an online meeting using Microsoft® Office Communications Server. Join the meeting Make sure the Office Live Meeting client is installed before the meeting: • I am connecting from inside the Corporation network • I am connecting from outside the Corporation network AUDIO INFORMATION To join a meeting from your phone, dial in using the following information: VANTS: 1-800-767-1750 Access Code: 81004 Find a local phone number for your region Conference ID: 64495738 Passcode: Passcode is not required. Note: If you have an account on this corporate network, use your PIN to join. Have you set your PIN? TROUBLESHOOTING Unable to join the meeting? Start Office Live Meeting and join the meeting with the following information: Meeting ID: 306fe3ba4db142d6a5084610f48adc61 Entry Code: 7830 Location: meet:sip:Chad.Robinson@va.gov;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:306fe3ba4db142d6a5084610f48adc61%3Fconf- key=7830 If you still cannot enter the meeting, contact support: • Inside the Corporation network • Outside the Corporation network NOTICE Office Live Meeting can be used to record meetings. By participating in this meeting, you agree that your communications may be monitored or recorded at any time during the meeting. -------------------------------------------------------
like0