OSEHRA AWG WG Telecom 4PM EDT Today (Tuesday) 17 Jul

Weekly Open-Source EHR - Architecture Work Group (AWG) Telecom July 16, 2012 OSEHRA AWG AGENDA-MINUTES Last Updated 9 AM EDT, 16-July-12 DATE & TIME: Every Tuesday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT CALL IN: The new AWG Dial-in: 1-650-479-3207, Access code: 662 014 630 Meeting Access at: https://osehra.webex.com/osehra/onstage/g.php?t=a &d=662014630 DOCUMENTS at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents DISCUSSION at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/discussions WIKI at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/wikis Web Browser HTML SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE at: http://architecture.osehra.org VISUAL CROSS-REFERENCE of PACKAGES/ROUTINES/GLOBALS are at: http://code.osehra.org/dox/ for 2011-9-6 release http://code.osehra.org/dox_beta/ for 2012-12-6 FOIA release E-MAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST: architecture@groups.osehra.org - you must be registered to post/receive. Please register with Architecture Group . Joining OSEHRA is free; please join at www.OSEHRA.org . . To receive AWG e-mail, join the OSEHRA AWG at: http://www.osehra.org/groups . Add your comments and suggestions to the AWG "discussion forum" or "Wiki". VA POSITION ON OSEHRA PARTICIPATION: Senior VA leadership encourages employees and contractors to actively participate in technical discussions without pre-approval; but, employees and contractors must NOT commit the government to a particular course-of-action without appropriate management pre-approval. AWG PLAN OF ACTIONS & MILESTONES * 17 Sep 2011 Initial 2011 System Architecture baseline * 06 Dec 2011 validated 2011 System Architecture baseline * 17 Mar 2012 "strawman" Product Definition and Roadmap * 17 Jun 2012 "ironman" Production Definition and Roadmap. * 01 Oct 2012 Product definition for all 126 hospitals (pending funding) AGENDA/MINUTES (Related slides & spread sheets are posted at the "Documents" link given above) 1. Start: Introductions and Roll Call 2. Minutes: Approve last week's minutes and review/update this week's agenda 10 July discussion: Topic: iEHR Architecture Update, Steve Hufnagel (see minutes below) Action Items: review open action items . Jack Taylor to develop couple pages of position white paper on the concern of the community on the direction of iEHR. Steve Hufnagel will develop slides to address the issues. . Patrick Pearcy, VLER VA will provide an overview of the iEHR SOA suite/ESB on July 24th. . K.S. Bhaskar, VP, Product Manager at Fidelity National Information Services will lead a discussion on Performance of GT.M in Transaction and Analytical Processing. 17 July Topic: (slides at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents ) under AWG minutes Topic: Technical overview of the SMART platform and architecture, Josh Mandel, Lead engineer of SMART team 10 July Minutes: * Lack of a well-documented SDK for the Healthcare Service Platform * Lack of an integration contractor to specify the integration requirement for the RFI * The schedule of Harris ESB contract doesn't mesh with the release of the clinical application RFPs for a successful implementation * Address of concerns of DOD with VistA. Need a VistA champion or someone who is willing to take a good look at VistA on the DOD side. * To make VistA a viable option in the iEHR environment, i.e., fits well within the n-tier architecture, VA needs to unleash the internal developers to begin the repurposing work. The open source community alone is insufficient to tackle this issue. Can VA update its policy to allow the developer to work in the open source environment. 10 July Attendee list: Afsin Ustundag austundag@raygroupintl.com David Whitten whitten@netcom.com Steve Hufnagel shufnagel@tiag.net Nevin Brittain nevin@healthnumeric.com Robert Kilker rkilker@talend.com john taylor drjack17@cox.net John Lunden john.lunden@va.gov Derek Veit derek.veit@medsphere.com Russell Davis russell.davis@pentagon.af.mil Andy Pardue andy.pardue@medsphere.com Ed Ost eost@talend.com Randy Whitehead randy_whitehead@yahoo.com Chris U chris.uyehara@va.gov Mike Bell michael.bell8@va.gov Allan finkelstein afinkelstein@dssinc.com Joe Nay joseph.nay@va.gov Karen Clark kclark@dssinc.com shane mcclaughry shane.mcclaughry@krminc.com
like0

Comments

OSEHRA AWG WG Telecom 4PM EDT Today (Tuesday) 17 Jul

Nancy Anthracite's picture

I am getting the message that the access code is invalid on the phone line.

--
Nancy Anthracite

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012, Stephen Hufnagel wrote:
> Weekly Open-Source EHR - Architecture Work Group (AWG) Telecom
>
> July 16, 2012 OSEHRA AWG AGENDA-MINUTES
>
> Last Updated 9 AM EDT, 16-July-12
>
>
>
> DATE & TIME: Every Tuesday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
>
> CALL IN: The new AWG Dial-in: 1-650-479-3207, Access code: 662 014 630
>
> Meeting Access at: https://osehra.webex.com/osehra/onstage/g.php?t=a
> <https://osehra.webex.com/osehra/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=662014630>
> &d=662014630
>
>
>
>
> DOCUMENTS at: <http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents>
> http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents
>
> DISCUSSION at: <http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/discussions>
> http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/discussions
>
> WIKI at: <http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/wikis>
> http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/wikis
>
> Web Browser HTML SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE at: <http://architecture.osehra.org>
> http://architecture.osehra.org
>
> VISUAL CROSS-REFERENCE of PACKAGES/ROUTINES/GLOBALS are at:
>
> <http://code.osehra.org/dox/> http://code.osehra.org/dox/ for
> 2011-9-6 release
>
> <http://code.osehra.org/dox_beta/> http://code.osehra.org/dox_beta/
> for 2012-12-6 FOIA release
>
> E-MAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST: <mailto:architecture@groups.osehra.org>
> architecture@groups.osehra.org - you must be registered to post/receive.
> Please register with Architecture Group
>
> . Joining OSEHRA is free; please join at <http://www.OSEHRA.org>
> www.OSEHRA.org .
>
> . To receive AWG e-mail, join the OSEHRA AWG at:
> <http://www.osehra.org/groups> http://www.osehra.org/groups
>
> . Add your comments and suggestions to the AWG "discussion forum" or
> "Wiki".
>
>
>
> VA POSITION ON OSEHRA PARTICIPATION: Senior VA leadership encourages
> employees and contractors to actively participate in technical discussions
> without pre-approval; but, employees and contractors must NOT commit the
> government to a particular course-of-action without appropriate management
> pre-approval.
>
>
>
> AWG PLAN OF ACTIONS & MILESTONES
>
> * 17 Sep 2011 Initial 2011 System Architecture baseline
> * 06 Dec 2011 validated 2011 System Architecture baseline
> * 17 Mar 2012 "strawman" Product Definition and Roadmap
> * 17 Jun 2012 "ironman" Production Definition and Roadmap.
> * 01 Oct 2012 Product definition for all 126 hospitals (pending
> funding)
>
>
>
> AGENDA/MINUTES
>
> (Related slides & spread sheets are posted at the
> "Documents" link given above)
>
> 1. Start: Introductions and Roll Call
>
> 2. Minutes: Approve last week's minutes and review/update this week's
> agenda
>
> 10 July discussion:
>
> Topic: iEHR Architecture Update, Steve Hufnagel
>
> (see minutes below)
>
> Action Items: review open action items
>
> . Jack Taylor to develop couple pages of position white paper on the
> concern of the community on the direction of iEHR. Steve Hufnagel will
> develop slides to address the issues.
>
> . Patrick Pearcy, VLER VA will provide an overview of the iEHR SOA
> suite/ESB on July 24th.
>
> . K.S. Bhaskar, VP, Product Manager at Fidelity National Information
> Services will lead a discussion on Performance of GT.M in Transaction and
> Analytical Processing.
>
> 17 July Topic: (slides at:
> <http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents>
> http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents ) under AWG minutes
>
> Topic: Technical overview of the SMART platform and architecture, Josh
> Mandel, Lead engineer of SMART team
>
> 10 July Minutes:
>
> * Lack of a well-documented SDK for the Healthcare Service Platform
> * Lack of an integration contractor to specify the integration
> requirement for the RFI
> * The schedule of Harris ESB contract doesn't mesh with the release of
> the clinical application RFPs for a successful implementation
> * Address of concerns of DOD with VistA. Need a VistA champion or
> someone who is willing to take a good look at VistA on the DOD side.
> * To make VistA a viable option in the iEHR environment, i.e., fits
> well within the n-tier architecture, VA needs to unleash the internal
> developers to begin the repurposing work. The open source community alone
> is insufficient to tackle this issue. Can VA update its policy to allow
> the developer to work in the open source environment.
>
> 10 July Attendee list:
>
>
> Afsin
>
> Ustundag
>
> <mailto:austundag@raygroupintl.com> austundag@raygroupintl.com
>
>
> David
>
> Whitten
>
> <mailto:whitten@netcom.com> whitten@netcom.com
>
>
> Steve
>
> Hufnagel
>
> <mailto:shufnagel@tiag.net> shufnagel@tiag.net
>
>
> Nevin
>
> Brittain
>
> <mailto:nevin@healthnumeric.com> nevin@healthnumeric.com
>
>
> Robert
>
> Kilker
>
> <mailto:rkilker@talend.com> rkilker@talend.com
>
>
> john
>
> taylor
>
> <mailto:drjack17@cox.net> drjack17@cox.net
>
>
> John
>
> Lunden
>
> <mailto:john.lunden@va.gov> john.lunden@va.gov
>
>
> Derek
>
> Veit
>
> <mailto:derek.veit@medsphere.com> derek.veit@medsphere.com
>
>
> Russell
>
> Davis
>
> <mailto:russell.davis@pentagon.af.mil> russell.davis@pentagon.af.mil
>
>
> Andy
>
> Pardue
>
> <mailto:andy.pardue@medsphere.com> andy.pardue@medsphere.com
>
>
> Ed
>
> Ost
>
> <mailto:eost@talend.com> eost@talend.com
>
>
> Randy
>
> Whitehead
>
> <mailto:randy_whitehead@yahoo.com> randy_whitehead@yahoo.com
>
>
> Chris
>
> U
>
> <mailto:chris.uyehara@va.gov> chris.uyehara@va.gov
>
>
> Mike
>
> Bell
>
> <mailto:michael.bell8@va.gov> michael.bell8@va.gov
>
>
> Allan
>
> finkelstein
>
> <mailto:afinkelstein@dssinc.com> afinkelstein@dssinc.com
>
>
> Joe
>
> Nay
>
> <mailto:joseph.nay@va.gov> joseph.nay@va.gov
>
>
> Karen
>
> Clark
>
> <mailto:kclark@dssinc.com> kclark@dssinc.com
>
>
> shane
>
> mcclaughry
>
> <mailto:shane.mcclaughry@krminc.com> shane.mcclaughry@krminc.com

like0