Department: VETERANS AFFAIRS
Agency: VETERANS HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
Office: OFFICE OF HEALTH INFORMATION
Solicitation Release Date: 10/2012 (Estimate)
Award Date: 12/2012 (Estimate)
Solicitation #: VA70112I0341
Competition Type: Undetermined
Primary Requirement: Business Process Engineering
Contract Type: TBD
Primary NAICS Code: 541611: Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
Place of Performance: Chicago, IL
SUMMARY: The Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration has a requirement for Business Process Reengineering services at the FHCC.
BACKGROUND: Developing a joint Federal Health Care Center (FHCC) between Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Department of Defense (DoD) was a major, five year initiative with high visibility for both Departments. The joint facility now operating in North Chicago, IL provides a template by which future joint healthcare initiatives can be modeled. Several integrated software solutions were developed to support the joint provision of health care using disparate electronic health records (EHR).
VA and DoD clinical systems were designed specifically for the populations each Department services, and much of the functionality was developed to meet each agency's unique mission. The business processes the EHRs support have become tightly bound to the EHR functionality. To conjoin the policies and procedures of each local business area, the alterations to process flows must be scrutinized to yield the intended efficiencies. A proper analysis of business processes will enlighten local joint working groups to make informed decisions, and develop an effective business strategy.
This task order will enable Business Process Reengineering (BPR) to escalate the efforts of process improvement methodologies (e.g., TQM, Six Sigma, etc.) to make process orientation a strategic tool and a core competence of the organization. Business processes are essential to gauge performance and customer satisfaction and to improve patient safety and the better provision of quality healthcare.
REQUIREMENTS: The Contractor shall provide professional services for the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, Department of the Navy, DoD. The Contractor shall provide facilitation to elicit end user input from multiple perspectives, business process modeling and analysis, and consulting subject matter expertise in order to strengthen and improve the FHCC's ability to utilize Health Information Management/Health Information Systems (HIM/HIS) solutions deployed by clinicians and other health care providers. The scope of work and work products are inclusive of analyses, facilitation of meetings, and formation of recommendations based on varying types of information gathered on the interagency health Information Technology (IT) programs in use.
- The Contractor shall identify "as-is" existing processes and design "to-be" proposed processes. Focus includes representation of the business policies via business process flows, alerts & notifications, data exchanges or movement, and granularly Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- The Government will provide the Vendor with these existing Assets and Artifacts:
- "As-is" process flows - Source: Lean Program Leads FHCC
- To-be" process flows - Source: FHCC Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Use Case (UC) documentation of specified software solutions benefitting from BPR integration analysis
- Integrated Business Process Reengineering (iBPR) documents and templates - Source: VA/DoD Clinical Integrated Process Teams (CIPT) of the Integrated Electronic Health Record (iEHR) effort
Updated : 08/01/2012