Certification Work Group

This group facilitates the discussion between OSEHRA and Community regarding certification processes.

Certification holds a bi-weekly Telephone Conference with the VA to discuss interoperability issues and the certification process.  Notes are available from these meetings.

Group Email: 

certification@groups.osehra.org

Chair(s): 

like0

Certification Work Group call today (August 20th) at 1:00PM Eastern

Please join us for the Certification Working Group Call today at 1:00PM Eastern.  At today's meeting, we will be continuing with the certification of the most recent revision of the "Enhanced XINDEX" submission, a set of bug fixes gathered over the last few months.  A Peer Review was performed at the meeting two weeks ago and we'll move onto the Final Review today.

We hope to see you this afternoon!

The connection information for the Zoom meeting is found below and will be used for the future meetings:

Hi there, 

Certification Work Group call today (August 13th) at 1:00PM Eastern

Please join us for the Certification Working Group Call today at 1:00PM Eastern.  At today's meeting, we will be continuing withthe certification of the most recent revision of the "Enhanced XINDEX" submission.  A Peer Review was performed at the last meeting and, if all is well, we'll move onto the Final Review today.

We hope to see you this afternoon!

The connection information for the Zoom meeting is found below and will be used for the future meetings:

Hi there, 

Certification Work Group call today (August 8th) at 1:00PM Eastern

Please join us for the Certification Working Group Call today at 1:00PM Eastern.  At today's meeting, we will be starting the certification of the most recent revision of the "Enhanced XINDEX" submission, which contains a few bug fixes.

We hope to see you this afternoon!

The connection information for the Zoom meeting is found below and will be used for the future meetings:

Hi there, 

OSEHRA Meeting Line 3 is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. 

Topic: OSEHRA Certification Work Group

Certification Work Group call today (July 16th) at 1:00PM Eastern

We're back! Please join us for the Certification Working Group Call today at 1:00PM Eastern.  At today's quick meeting, we will be officially assigning the recommended certification level for the VPE 15.1 submission. 

We hope to see you this afternoon.

The connection information for the Zoom meeting is found below and will be used for the future meetings:

Hi there, 

OSEHRA Meeting Line 3 is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. 

Topic: OSEHRA Certification Work Group

Certification Work Group call today (July 2nd) at 1:00PM Eastern

Good morning! Please join us for the Certification Working Group Call today at 1:00PM Eastern.  At today's meeting we will be officially assigning the recommended certification level for the VA-PALS submission and continuing with the certification of the VPE 15.1 submission.  A Peer Review was performed yesterday for the VPE submission, we will review it and move to the Final Review if all is well. 

We hope to see you at today's meeting!

The connection information for the Zoom meeting is found below and will be used for the future meetings:

Certification Work Group call today (June 18th) at 1:00PM Eastern

Good morning! Please join us for the Certification Working Group Call today at 1:00PM Eastern.  Today's meeting will continue the certification cycle for our latest certification candidate, VAPALS-ELCAP Lung Screening Management Software and potentially start on a new submission.  The VA-PALS will move to the Final Review stage and the  Victory Programming Environment (VPE) submission has a new revision in the Tech Journal.  We will start a Peer Review for VPE if time allows for it.

Certification Work Group call today (November 5th) at 1:00PM Eastern

We hope that you'll join the Certification WG for its meeting this afternoon.  The meeting this afternoon will be short, as we won't be starting a new submission on it's journey through an OSEHRA Certification.  We will be discussing some recent testing infrastructure updates.

We hope you'll join us today!

The connection information for the Zoom meeting is found below and will be used for the future meetings:

Hi there, 

OSEHRA Meeting Line 3 is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. 

Certification Work Group call today (October 1st) at 1:00PM Eastern

We hope that you'll join the Certification WG for its meeting this afternoon.  At today's meeting we'll be continuing with the OSEHRA Certification cycle for the latest edition of a M-Unit. This new version, 1.6.1, has a variety of community driven changes which are described on the releases page: https://github.com/ChristopherEdwards/M-Unit/releases

Certification Work Group call today (September 17th) at 1:00PM Eastern

We hope that you'll join the Certification WG for its meeting this afternoon.  At today's meeting we'll be starting the certification of the latest revision of the M-Unit testing framework.  This new version, 1.6.1, has a variety of community driven changes which are described on the releases page: https://github.com/ChristopherEdwards/M-Unit/releases

We hope to see you this afternoon!

No questions have been added to this group.

Software Quality Certification Document

As part of the OSEHRA Summit, we will be revisiting the Software Quality Certification. I thought it might be useful to make sure we all had access to the latest documents. Please see the following for the current guiding document and to review the requirements and mechanisms.

Refactoring Test Platform Document

This document reppresents our current concept for a test platform that can be used to carry out any testing of remote connections into a VistA instance in support of CPRS-like, Meaningful Use, Web Based portals, and mobile platforms. The idea is to provide a platform that has a known configuration that can be reset on demand or periodically. We will need to extend and revise this document as we move away from engineering the testing infrastructure and toward more clinically meaningful applications such as MU and patient/provider portals.

CWG Testing Tutorial Series

Certification Work Group Tutorials

Since early November, the Certification Working Group (CWG) has been running a series of tutorials during its bi-weekly meetings.  These tutorials have touched upon the creation of tests for the OSEHRA Testing harness and the tools that are currently used.  Each approximately hour long meeting has been recorded and linked below.  In time, these files will be edited down to a more concise video, which will be posted here when completed. 

FIleMan 22.2 Certification Working Group Peer Review Artifacts

This page is the container for discussions specific to the peer review carried out on FIleMan 22.2 during the Certification Working Group meeting on 02/05/2013. The action items from the meeting required that we generate three artifacts prior to giving an affirmative review of the submission. The artifacts are:

Certification Working Group Meeting Notes From February 2, 2013

We will use the new peer review checklist to walk through peer review for FileMan 22.2 in the OTJ. Peer review checklist is at:

  • http://www.osehra.org/document/proposed-peer-review-checklist-february-2-2005

Update: We had a very successful consensus review of Fileman 22.2 during yesterday's meeting. Based on the meeting, we have the following two actions that need to be investigated, after which we will submit a recommendation via the peer review:

Meeting Notes From January 24, 2012

 

An OSEHRA/VA Certification IPT meeting was held on January 24, 2012.  The call covered a review of current certification status, a Review of Action Items from the December 20, 2011 meeting, some current issues including name and number space management concerns and some planning for the next meeting of February 21, 2012.  The presentation slides and raw notes from the discussion can be found in OSEHRA Cert Meeting DECK_01_24_2012.  Summary notes are below.

 

Meeting Notes From January 10, 2012

An OSEHRA/VA Certification IPT meeting was held on January 10, 2012.  The call covered a review of current certification status, a Review of Action Items from the December 20, 2011 meeting, some current issues including name and number space management concerns and some planning for the next meeting of January 24, 2012.  The presentation slides and raw notes from the discussion can be found in OSEHRA Cert Meeting DECK_01_10_2012.  Summary notes are below.

 

Meeting Notes From December 20, 2011

An OSEHRA/VA Certification IPT meeting was held on December 20, 2011.  The call covered a review of current certification status, a Review of Action Items from the December 06, 2011 meeting, some current issues including name and number space management concerns and some planning for the next meeting of January 10, 2012.  The presentation slides and raw notes from the discussion can be found in OSEHRA Cert Meeting DECK_12_20_2011.  Summary notes are below.

Proposed Charter for the OSEHRA/VA Certification Working Group

Charter:

The OSEHRA/VA Certification IPT has been formed to define and guide the harmonization of the OSEHRA Software Quality Certification and the VA software development activities.  It will define the specific interactions and communication paths that need to be implemented and will define the process interactions to ensure that OSEHRA and VA can support existing requirements while enhancing process effectiveness.

Modifications of the OSEHRA Technical Journal in Light of Recent VA Discussions and Code Uploads

Purpose:

The current OSEHRA Technical Journal (OTJ) submission and certification processes were developed prior to the October 21 face-to-face meeting.  Since that time, we see the emergence of a two phase process with OSEHRA Software Quality Certification preceding and somewhat separate from final acceptance into the VA (or other certifying authority) platinum codebase.  Further, while we had been assuming that most of our initial effort would involve Mumps code, substantial portions of the first several code captures by OSEHRA appear to be non-Mumps (C, Javascript) code.

Meeting Notes From December 06, 2011

An OSEHRA/VA Certification IPT meeting was held on December 06, 2011.  The call covered a great deal of ground beginning with some initial discussions about harmonizing the issue trackers at OSEHRA and the VA, and seguing into a discussion on requirements for the VA October 2012 delivery.  The presentation slides and raw notes from the discussion (see slides 14, 15, 17 and 24) can be found in OSEHRA Cert Meeting DECK_12_06_2011.