To all OSEHRA Community Members:
In early August, we informed the community that unless we receive additional funding from VA, we would be forced to close down our operation. While we have not received the needed funding yet, we have been able to delay shutdown. We will continue operations in October, and are hopeful that we will be able to obtain the required funds by the end of the month. In the meantime, we have been working on a number of key activities, such as:
- Veterans Health Administration (VHA) became the first Federal Agency to join as an OSEHRA Organizational Member;
- The University of Tennessee has indicated an interest in becoming an Organizational Member;
- PopHealth® Version 6 has been fielded, and we are working with Oroville Hospital in support of Meaningful Use Certification;
- Our Korean partners are ramping up their localization for both potential clinical deployment and educational training;
- We are engaged with VA on a number of VistA-related issues such as licensing issues, contributions to the upgraded XINDEX and FileMan, VistA patches, and FOIA release activities;
- A newly-patched instance of the VEHU version of VistA has been created for use in our Synthetic Patient Data Project;
- Collaboration continues with Virginia Tech on Blockchain-based PHR; and,
- Our community of Associate Members continues to grow, with both domestic and international participation.
We will continue to share information on our status with the community as soon as it becomes available. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Don Hewitt at email@example.com.