Weekly Open-Source EHR - Architecture Work Group (AWG)
DATE & TIME: Every Tuesday 4:00 pm ET WebEx: https://tiag.webex.com/
PHONE: +1-408-600-3600 Access code: 629 453 409 or use VOIP
DOCUMENTS at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents
DISCUSSION at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/discussions
WIKI at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/wikis
HTML SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE at: http://architecture.osehra.org … can be viewed with a web browser.
VISUAL CROSS-REFERENCE of PACKAGES/ROUTINES/GLOBALS at: http://code.osehra.org/dox/ <-- NEW
The OSEHRA-VistA Visual Cross-Reference codebase-documentation is based on an automated XINDEX analysis and can be accessed directly via http://code.osehra.org/dox or from the OSEHRA web page -> Resources ->Development Tools -> Web Based Code Review.
- Joining OSEHRA is free; please join.
- Please join the OSEHRA AWG at: http://www.osehra.org/groups to receive AWG e-mail.
- Please provide suggestions for Visual Cross-Reference map improvements, such as:
- For each global-file, graph/list the modules/routines, which read-or-write to the global file (e.g., this would verify ICR completeness and compliance)
- For each module/routine, list its version & applicable patches; this may require a configuration file.
- For each patch, list their module dependencies; this may require a configuration file.
- For each module, list its Install-dependencies on other modules and their versions; this may require a configuration file.
- For each Package/module/patch add links to online VistA Documentation Library (VDL); this may require a configuration file.
- Stub out non-MUMPS modules, so they can be part of the Visual Cross Reference Map and Product Definition (potentially this can be done as part of the configuration file.
- Identify and trace threads-of-execution throughout the system to support regression path-testing.
- Identify unused entry points and globals (dead code)
- The Visual Cross Reference Map tool should be able to export a comma separated file as a configuration management “Product Definition”, which is suitable for Excel or database import.
AUTOMATED SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE and PRODUCT DEFINITION CERTIFICATION TOOL PROPOSAL: OSEHRA’s Visual Cross-Reference utility should be expanded to define OSEHRA System-Architecture and “Product Definitions” for any configuration of MUMPS modules, including Class III configurations at each facility.
- If the Visual Cross-Reference utility is given one configuration file, it should generate the complete system architecture and “Product Definition” for that configuration.
- If the Visual Cross-Reference utility is given two configuration files, it should also produce the map-and-gap between the two Product Definitions. The map-and-gap of package, module, routine, global cross-reference maps would be very helpful in architectural test-and-certification and to help identify necessary regression-test pathways. Each Product-Definition configuration-file should include the list of VistA and environment (e.g., GT.M, LINUX) modules & patches defining a Product Definition:
- Module/patch Name
- Module/patch Version
- Module/patch Description [optional]
- Module/patch user, install technical Documentation VDL link [optional]
- Module/patch test/certification documentation [optional]
- Applicable patches and required patch order
- Impacted modules
- Impacted globals
- For custodial modules/patches, applicable Interface Control Agreements (ICRs)
- ICR number and date
- Custodial Module/patch Name
- Global involved,
- Modules involved
- Applicable Namespaces for the module
- Comments to be included in the Product Definition output.
JUSTIFICATION: the proposed changes allow the automatic generation of comprehensive system architectures and “Product Definitions” and architectural certification for any configuration of MUMPS modules/routines. The only system architecture missing parts will be:
- Interface Design Specifications for each module/routine.
- Deployment views
- Requirements traceability
- System Functional Descriptions
- Operational Activities mapped to System Functions/Services
- Information Models
If desired, these can be manually added.
AWG PLAN OF ACTIONS & MILESTONES
Between September and December, the 2011 System Architecture baseline will be validated and the future-state n-tiered EHR Services Platform (ESP) architecture for plug-&-play applications and data-store Software Development Kit (SDK) Conceptual Architecture and Implementation Guide (IG) will be defined. In 2012, the OSEHRA Product Definition baseline (e.g., certified “gold version”) and transition Roadmap to the future-state ESP architecture will be defined.
(Related slides & spread sheets are posted at the “Documents” link given above)
- Start: Introductions and Roll Call
- Minutes: Approve last week’s minutes and review this week’s agenda
- OSEHRA-VISTA visual Cross Reference at: http://code.osehra.org/dox/ <-- NEW
- AWG’s 2011-11-08 DRAFT-A OSEHRA/VistA Product Definition for “Gold Build” and certification is posted at http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents. Please provide feedback.
- Spread sheet of VistA Documentation Library (VDL) modules has the following columns
- Module – Name of module in VDL
- Version in build
- Class – [1, 2, 3, other]
- Applicable patches
- Applicable ICRs
- Applicable Namespaces
- Comment – mitigating circumstances
- ACTION (Peter Li): add current module version to OSEHR “Product Definition” spreadsheet.
- Spread sheet of VistA Documentation Library (VDL) modules has the following columns
- OSEHRA will start a weekly teleconference to discuss the current set of OSEHRA software development tools on Wednesday, November 16 from 3:30pm to 4:30pm EST. This first meeting will provide an introduction to the many software development tools that are now available for VistA/M developers from the www.osehra.org website. This includes OSEHRA’s:
- Source Code Repository based on Git (code.osehra.org/gitweb)
- Software Quality Dashboard based on CDash (code.osehra.org/CDash/index.php?project=Open+Source+EHR)
- Automated Vista/M Manual Pages (code.osehra.org/dox)
- Code Review Tool based on Gerrit (review.code.osehra.org)
- Technical Journal for submission of large code contributions (code.osehra.org/journal)
- Bug and Feature Tracker (http://issues.osehra.org)
- Architecture Reference (http://architecture.osehra.org)
- ISSUE: definition between “package” and “module”
- DISCUSSION: A VDL package is a group of information resulting from a project, which may include one or more of the following: module documentation, patch documentation, namespace/global or file documentation. A module is a set of routines; modules may be categorized as parents or children.
- ACTION: separate teleconference among Julie Harvey (VA Product Development, Director, Product Assessment Competency Division, Bay Pines Product Development Center), Peter Li (OSEHRA System Architecture lead) and Afsin Ustundag (Ray Group International VistA refactoring lead) to discuss remaining undocumented modules, the OSEHRA Build definition, Interface Control Agreements (ICRs) and the VA database (official list) of Name-spaces, File-spaces, Modules and Routines and any other remaining. All results of the discussion will be brought back to the OSEHRA AWG.
- ACTION (Julie Harvey): verify and validate content of OSEHR “Product Definition” spreadsheet.
- Review Open Issues: The following was deferred till telecom with Julia Harvey
- HELP NEEDED: see list of “open” undocumented modules below; where are these documented?
- Review iEHR SDK - Software Development Kit’s Interoperable EHR (iEHR)
- Conceptual Architecture slides 80+ will be reviewed and updated.
- REQUESTED ACTION: review iEHR SDK Conceptual Architecture and post suggested improvements in discussion.
- REQUEST (Dr Mike Lincoln, VA): review OSEHRA charter and organization at future AWG telecom.
- NEXT STEP: Begin EHR Services Platform (ESP) Implementation Guide (IG)
Undocumented VistA modules Status: 18 Open
- AUTOMATED LAB INSTRUMENTS Status: Closed
- Administrative Data Repository Status: Closed
- Allergy Tracking System Status: Closed
- BAR CODE MED ADMIN Status: Closed
- CERMe-Care Enhance Review Manager Enterprise Status: Closed
- CIRN-Clinical Information Resources Network Status: Closed
- CPRS: GUI-Graphical User Interface Status: Closed
- CPT/HCPCS CODES Status: Closed
- Dietetics Status: Closed
- Discharge Summary Status: Closed
- Education Tracking Status: Open
- HEPC Registry Status: Open
- HIV Registry Status: Open
- HealthVet Desktop Status: Closed
- Hemodialysis Status: Closed
- Lab Service Status: Closed
- MAS-Medical Administration Service Status: Open
- NDBI-National Database Integration Status: Open
- OE/RR-Order Entry/ Results Reporting Status: Closed
- PXPT-PCE Patient/IHS Subset Status: Open
- EA_Copied_Elements Status: Closed
- Patient Service Lookup Status: Open
- Person Service Construct Status: Open
- Pharmacy Status: Open
- Pharmacy: Electronic Claims Management Engine (ECME) Status: Closed
- Progress Notes Status: Closed
- Registration Status: Closed
- Registration, Enrollment, and Eligibility Systems Status: Closed
- SDS-Standard Data Service Status: Open
- Stay Manager Status: Open
- Text Generator Status: Open
- VA Intranet Status: Closed
- ICD9-CM Status: Open
- Medical Domain Web Service Status: Open
- Utilization Management Rollup Status: Open
- Communications Service Library Status: Open
- Fee Basis Claims System (FBCS) Status: Open
- CORBA Services Status: Open