29 November 2011 OSEHRA AWG AGENDA-Minutes
Weekly Open-Source EHR - Architecture Work Group (AWG) Telecom
DATE & TIME: Every Tuesday 4:00 pm ET WebEx: https://tiag.webex.com/
PHONE: +1-408-600-3600 Access code: 629 453 409 or use VOIP
DOCUMENTS at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents
DISCUSSION at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/discussions
WIKI at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/wikis
HTML SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE at: http://architecture.osehra.org … can be viewed with a web browser.
VISUAL CROSS-REFERENCE of PACKAGES/ROUTINES/GLOBALS at: http://code.osehra.org/dox/ <-- NEW
- Joining OSEHRA is free; please join at www.OSEHRA.org .
- Please join the OSEHRA AWG at: http://www.osehra.org/groups to participate and receive AWG e-mail.
- Add your comments and suggestions-for-improvement to the AWG discussion forum or Wiki.
AWG PLAN OF ACTIONS & MILESTONES
- 17 Sep 2011 Initial 2011 System Architecture baseline
- 17 Dec 2011
- validated 2011 System Architecture baseline
- Product Baseline and Roadmap approach
- Initial iEHR Software Development Kit (SDK)
- DRAFT iEHR Services Platform (ESP) Conceptual Architecture
- DRAFT iEHR Services Platform (ESP) Implementation Guide
- 17 Mar 2012 “strawman” Product Definition and Roadmap
- 17 Jun 2011 “ironman” Production Definition and Roadmap.
(Related slides & spread sheets are posted at the “Documents” link given above)
- Start: Introductions and Roll Call
- Minutes: Approve last week’s minutes and review/update this week’s agenda
- Action Items: review open action items
- Discussion: OSEHRA/VistA Product Definition and Roadmap
As a contract deliverable, OSEHRA must define its "Product Definition and Roadmap". In discussion with the OSEHERA technical team and the OSEHRA Architecture Workgroup (AWG) the following consensus approach was agreed upon:
Class 1: modules are in all VA VistA builds.
Class 2: VA regional customizations of VistA; there are 4 geographic regions and 1 administrative “region”
Class 3: Hospital specific code, templates, files and tables used in local builds; reportedly, there are 5,000 to 10,000 Class 3 modules.
"Product Definition (PD)" is the inventory of modules which comprise OSEHRA/VistA, where:
- The FOIA release is the “core” set of modules.
- The PD flags FOIA modules no longer used by the VA (e.g., HealtheVet GUI)
- The PD includes non-mumps modules used by the VA with appropriate comments.
- The PD includes non-FOIA, open-source and commercial modules used by the VA with appropriate comments/links.
- The PD includes the 4 regional and 1 administrative class 2 modules with appropriate comments.
- The PD includes “VA approved” class 3 modules used by individual hospitals with appropriate comments/links.
- The PD includes re-factored and in-flight modules with appropriate comments.
- The PD includes the Cache environment & related modules as the primary VA platform.
- The PD includes the GT.M environment & related modules as the available open-source platform.
- The PD includes links to the Visual Cross Reference tool, source code/package directory, documentation Wikis, discussion groups, tests and entries per package.
For each module, The PD defines:
- Module grouping (e.g., Clinical, Admin/Finance/ HealtheVet)
- Class (e.g., 1, 2, 3)
- Core FOIA (yes/no)
- Module Name
- FOIA Package Name)
- Patch Number
- Public ICR
The Product Roadmap will be defined in 2012 to include:
- Modernization of VistA (main road)
- Better GT.M support (branch)
- VA hospital definitions (branch)
- Interoperable EHR (iEHR) transition (branch)
- vendor code alternatives/unification (branch)
- Other branches, if appropriate.