2012-03-06 AWG Minutes

2012-03-06 AWG Minutes

Weekly Open-Source EHR - Architecture Work Group (AWG) Telecom

March 6, 2012 OSEHRA AWG AGENDA-MINUTES

Last Updated 9am, 7-Mar-12

 

DATE & TIME: Every Tuesday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT 14Feb-to-26Jun 2012

REGISTER at: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/198334374 (NEW: accommodates 100)

Once registered you will receive an email with information you need to join the Webinar.

DOCUMENTS at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents

DISCUSSION at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/discussions

WIKI at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/wikis

Web Browser HTML SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE at: http://architecture.osehra.org

VISUAL CROSS-REFERENCE of PACKAGES/ROUTINES/GLOBALS are at:

    http://code.osehra.org/dox/  for 2011-9-6 release  

    http://code.osehra.org/dox_beta/ for 2012-12-6 FOIA release

E-MAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST: architecture@groups.osehra.org – you must be registered to post/receive. Please register with Architecture Group

  • Joining OSEHRA is free; please join at www.OSEHRA.org .
  • To receive AWG e-mail, join the OSEHRA AWG at: http://www.osehra.org/groups
  • Add your comments and suggestions to the AWG “discussion forum” or “Wiki”.

 

AWG PLAN OF ACTIONS & MILESTONES

  • 17 Sep 2011           Initial 2011 System Architecture baseline
  • 06 Dec 2011           validated  2011 System Architecture baseline
  • 17 Mar 2012 “strawman” Product Definition and Roadmap
  • 17 Jun 2012  “ironman” Production Definition and Roadmap.
  • 01 Oct 2012  Product definition for all 126 hospitals (pending funding)

 

AGENDA/MINUTES

               (Related slides & spread sheets are posted at the “Documents” link given above)

  1. Start: Introductions and Roll Call
  2. Minutes: Approve last week’s minutes and review/update this week’s agenda
    • Last week’s call was on Introduction to A Semantic Web Approach for managing VistA software from the perspectives of: refactoring, portability, privacy and security, and Architecture - presented by Tom Munneke and Conor Dowling
  3. Action Items: review open action items
    • none
  4. Discussion Minutes: (slides at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents ) under AWG minutes
  • TOPIC 1: Afsin Ustundag, RGI International give a 25 minute status update on the Problem List Refactoring with questions and answers.  The discussion touch on ICD10 development and possible collaboration between the ICD10 and refactoring groups.  Following are excellent points and questions raised by Nancy Anthracite during the refactoring discussion.
  1. The ICD 10 project is very extensive; it touches approximately packages and code in 175 places. It would be good to have Ed Radley of VA (head of ICD10 development) talk to the whole group, not just those doing the refactoring.
  2. Look at the VA AvivA project that Kevin Meldrum is doing as a cooperative OSEHRA effort. NHIN work being done by the AvivA group vs. VistA APIs?
  3. Contact George Timson about the greatly improved “MSC fileman”, that may do what you is needed.
  4. Joel Ivey has a debugging tool written for the Eclipse that is distributed outside of the VA.
  5. We are finding some fairly significant code errors that XIndex is not identifying; XIndex needs to be fixed.

 

ACTION (Peter Li) Follow-up on NancyA’s suggestions questions and invite suggested individuals to present to AWG.

  • TOPIC 2: Peter Li spent 20 minutes discussing the proposed modification to the Visual Cross Reference Tool which included the addition of RDF repository for storing the module to modules dependencies and the use of Conor Dowling’s FMQL for browsing the VistA data dictionary. 
  • TOPIC 3: System Architecture, Product Definition, and Roadmap discussion was deferred till next week.

Attendee list:

 

  1. Davis, Russell

russell.davis@pentagon.af…

  1. Anthracite, Nancy

nanthracite@earthlink.net…

  1. T, Sid

seosidney@gmail.com

  1. Mendes, David

dmendes@uevora.pt

  1. Hufnagel, Stephen

stephenhufnagel@yahoo.com…

  1. Rashada, Khadijah

ktrashada@yahoo.com

  1. Null, Ed

enull@raygroupintl.com

  1. munecke, tom

munnecke@gmail.com

  1. Bradley, Paul

pbradley@raygroupintl.com…

  1. Ustundag, Afsin

austundag@raygroupintl.co…

  1. Clark, Karen

kclark@dssinc.com

  1. U, Chris

chris.uyehara@va.gov

  1. mitchell, mary

mary.mitchell3@va.gov

  1. Patel, Jignesh

jigneshmpatel@gmail.com

  1. Northrup, Lonny

lnorthrup@csc.com

  1. Finkelstein, Allan…

allan.finkelstein@va.gov

  1. Kelly, Ed

edward.kelly@va.gov

  1. Zaffery, David

david.zaffery@va.gov

  1. Hufnagel, Steve

shufnagel@tiag.net

  1. Nay, Joe

joseph.nay@va.gov

  1. Lunden, John

john.lunden@va.gov

  1. Clyburn, Conrad

clyburnc@osehra.org

 

like0