2012-03-20 AWG Minutes

2012-03-20 AWG Minutes

Weekly Open-Source EHR - Architecture Work Group (AWG) Telecom

March 20, 2012 OSEHRA AWG AGENDA-MINUTES

Last Updated 12 noon, 22-Mar-12

 

DATE & TIME: Every Tuesday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT

CALL IN: The new AWG Dial-in: (712) 432-6545, Access Code: 960041

REGISTER at: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/198334374 (NEW: accommodates 100)

Once registered you will receive an email with information you need to join the Webinar.

DOCUMENTS at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents

DISCUSSION at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/discussions

WIKI at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/wikis

Web Browser HTML SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE at: http://architecture.osehra.org

VISUAL CROSS-REFERENCE of PACKAGES/ROUTINES/GLOBALS are at:

    http://code.osehra.org/dox/  for 2011-9-6 release  

    http://code.osehra.org/dox_beta/ for 2012-12-6 FOIA release

E-MAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST: architecture@groups.osehra.org – you must be registered to post/receive. Please register with Architecture Group

  • Joining OSEHRA is free; please join at www.OSEHRA.org .
  • To receive AWG e-mail, join the OSEHRA AWG at: http://www.osehra.org/groups
  • Add your comments and suggestions to the AWG “discussion forum” or “Wiki”.

 

VA POSITION ON OSEHRA PARTICIPATION: Senior VA leadership encourages employees and contractors to actively participate in technical discussions without pre-approval; but, employees and contractors must NOT commit the government to a particular course-of-action without appropriate management approval.

 

AWG PLAN OF ACTIONS & MILESTONES

  • 17 Sep 2011           Initial 2011 System Architecture baseline
  • 06 Dec 2011           validated  2011 System Architecture baseline
  • 17 Mar 2012 “strawman” Product Definition and Roadmap
  • 17 Jun 2012  “ironman” Production Definition and Roadmap.
  • 01 Oct 2012  Product definition for all 126 hospitals (pending funding)

 

AGENDA/MINUTES

               (Related slides & spread sheets are posted at the “Documents” link given above)

  1. Start: Introductions and Roll Call
  2. Minutes: Approve last week’s minutes and review/update this week’s agenda

Last week’s call discussed

  • NancyA raised questions regarding the designation of the VA’s 15 products with “Protected” status as OSEHRA’s “core” products.  The issue has to do with the ability to make changes to those products considering that the open source community may want certain changes, i.e., meaningful use while VA may not care at the time.   This issue is related to the product roadmap and should be discussed in the next AWG meeting.
  • During the discussion of Dr. Tibitts Tibbit’s question #8 on what role should OSEHRA play in data management, semantic harmonization, terminology mediation, and connection to NwHIN, it was suggested that OSEHRA should provide the leadership, in conjunction with inputs from the open source community, to respond to product RFIs from iEHR in order to influence the definition and requirements of those product.

 

  1. Action Items: review open action items
  • None
  1. Discussion Agenda: (slides at: http://www.osehra.org/node/47/content/documents ) under AWG minutes
  • TOPIC 1: (Peter Li) Product Roadmap
  • TOPIC 2: (Peter Li) VistA HL7 Documentation

 

Minutes:

  • In the HL7 documentation discussion, David Whitten made several comments and suggestions:
    • The PROTOCOL file (#101) entries are namespaced even if the Package field is not setup.  This can be used to identify the package ownership of the HL7 interface.
    • We should reach out to VA, in particular the group that deals with MPI, to access internal HL7 documentation.
    • The FileMan Data Dictionary may be incomplete due to the FOIA redaction process.  We should request a dump of the PROTOCOL file and LINK file entries from a running instance of VistA’s, i.e., one of the VAMC, to fully model all HL7 interactions.

 

  • Lonny Northrup had a question on the HL7 messaging services  associated with the Vitria ESB that is being tested at VA.  Will follow up to see if someone from VA can speak about this topic.

 

Attendee list:

 

McClaughry, Shane

shane.mcclaughry@krminc.c…

Sylvester, Chuck

chuck.sylvester@msnsw.com…

Briscoe, Carmen

cbriscoe@wbbinc.com

Davis, Russell

russell.davis@pentagon.af…

Northrup, Lonny

lnorthrup@csc.com

shams, tony

anthony.shams@va.gov

Whitten, David

whitten@netcom.com

Ustundag, Afsin

austundag@raygroupintl.co…

Finkelstein, Allan…

allan.finkelstein@va.gov

Merrill, David

david.merrill@va.gov

Veit, Derek

derek.veit@medsphere.com

Kelly, Ed

edward.kelly@va.gov

Bradley, Paul

pbradley@raygroupintl.com…

Hufnagel, Steve

hufnagel@acm.org

U, Chris

chris.uyehara@va.gov

Hufnagel, Steve

shufnagel@tiag.net

Null, Ed

enull@raygroupintl.com

Patel, Jignesh

jigneshmpatel@gmail.com

Kiriazopoulos, Geo…

geky@teiser.gr

Pardue, Andy

andy.pardue@medsphere.com…

 

like0